After your aquagym classes, petanque tournament, soccer match or ping-pong game with your kids or friends, hop on your bike and pedal your way around L’Idéal campsite on Lake Annecy. Set off on greenways, trails or roads. And don’t forget to keep your eyes wide open, because the scenery you’ll be passing through is absolutely breathtaking. If you’re not feeling up to it, the jacuzzi in the aquatic area is just waiting for you…
Greenways and cycle routes for sightseeing
The 35 km-long “voie verte” along the western shore of Lake Annecy is one of the oldest cycle paths in France. Starting from the Pâquier lawns in Annecy, it allows you to cycle to Ugine on a completely safe route, skirting the lake and passing through several communes: Sévrier, Saint-Jorioz, Duingt… It then continues to Ugine, passing through Doussard and Faverges thanks to a cycle route created in 2006. This route, which follows the line of an old railroad, has a very low gradient. It is therefore accessible to all cyclists, amateur and experienced, adults and children. From the l’Idéal campsite, it’s just a few minutes by bike to the greenway. You can then turn left towards Annecy along the lake, or right towards the cycle route to Ugine. On this magnificent walk, you’ll share the path with walkers, runners and inline skaters.
Mountain bike tours for adventurers
Do you prefer to cycle off the beaten track, on dirt roads? Between lake and mountains, mountain bikers will find a fantastic playground for climbing, avoiding roots, dodging tree trunks and hurtling down vertiginous slopes along signposted routes. We’ve put together a list of the 6 most popular mountain bike trails around Lake Annecy:
- Au fil des sources du lac d’Annecy (27.5 km – 2h30): starts from the Carré des Tisserands parking lot in Faverges, with the option of starting closer to the campsite from Lathuile.
- From the source of Lake Annecy to the gateway to Val d’Arly (9.2 km – 1h30): Very short but very technical route (streams to cross, roots) starting from the Carré des Tisserands parking lot in Faverges.
- From Lake Annecy to the gateway to Val d’Arly (21.5 km – 2h): A pretty loop starting from the parking lot at the Doussard beach, south of the lake.
- Around Faverges (12.5 km – 1h30): A beautiful, relatively short walk with little difference in altitude, offering glimpses of Faverges castle and the archaeological museum. Departure from the Carré des Tisserands parking lot in Faverges.
- From the Plage du bout du lac to the golf course terrace (19 km – 1h45): A beautiful loop starting from the Marais du Bout du Lac nature reserve, passing through the Giez golf course and the Montmin canyon.
- Descente de la Sambuy (11.3 km – 1h30): difficult, signposted hike (orange markers) in the heart of the Bauges massif, starting from the Sambuy resort parking lot and taking you through very narrow paths in the undergrowth.
Legendary passes for experienced cyclists
Every year in July, the world’s best riders gather to take part in the Tour de France, the world’s biggest cycling race. If you’re an avid two-wheeler on asphalt, strap on your helmet, put on your gloves and goggles, and don’t forget your road bike shoes. Hold on tight to your handlebars and get ready to get out of the saddle, because from the campsite you can climb some famous passes that will put your climbing skills to the test: col du petit Saint-Bernard, col du Glandon, col de Joux Verte, col de La Forclaz, col cormet de Roselend (undoubtedly one of the most beautiful in terms of landscapes crossed), Relais du mont du Chat, col des Glières, col de Solaison, col de Champlaurent, col du Grand Cucheron…